The WOOSE Aircraft Complaint System has been deactivated. However, it
is important to continue submitting complaints so accurate data can be
gathered concerning the problems aircraft are causing in our
neighborhoods and communities.
Making Complaints to OSU
We encourage everyone to now submit their complaints to the OSU system. Complaints can be submitted to OSU in three ways:
More information is available at the OSU Airport Website under OSU Noise Management.
- (Recommended) Via email to email@example.com. Please also cc WOOSE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By phone at 614-292-9055.
- Via WebScene to visually track aircraft (in time delay) and submit a complaint http://www.webscene.info/WebScene/KOSU/console.html.
Why did you shut down the WOOSE system?
The reason WOOSE has shut down their complaint system is two-fold:
- OSU has their own complaint procedures in place, and from an
analysis perspective it does not make sense to have two, separate
- Despite published reports in the past that OSU would respond to
complaints from the WOOSE system, OSU has since decided not to respond
to such complaints because they can not be "trusted."
WOOSE thanks all of you for taking your time and making the effort
to observe, record and report problematic aircraft in your
neighborhood and community. We know how much time it takes and we
greatly appreciate your contribution.
The data you provided has been
extremely valuable in identifying problematic aircraft operations,
finding patterns and trends among complaints and aircraft operations
and in some instances the cause of the unacceptable levels of noise
and other problems over our neighborhoods and communities. Your
continued complaints for events that have truly bother you will
help us -- and the airport -- to continue in this effort.